charitybradford

Bradford Reviews!

Corporate Husband (Love and Chocolate Series)
Beverly Farr
On Basilisk Station
David Weber

The Fourth Wall

The Fourth Wall - Elizabeth Maria Naranjo This was a surprising read for me. I didn't know what to expect, and this was a little out of my normal reading. Naranjo creates compelling characters striving to deal with a tragedy and find a new way to live their lives. Well, living might be a stretch. Marin and her dad are merely existing as they try to care for Marin's little brother. Worrying about his well-being and lack of progression since the death of Marin's mom is easier than dealing with their own loss.

Marin's dream world has protected her, given her a place of refuge ever since the accident, but when she finds herself attending group therapy they begin to change. As Marin wakes to her new reality and unlocks her emotions, those dreams become nightmares. They hold surprises that will once again change the course of Marin's family.

The best way I can describe this book is REAL. The emotions, struggles, even the fantasy world inside Marin's dream all feel very real. It was easy for me to connect with those emotions and enjoy the book.