charitybradford

Bradford Reviews!

Corporate Husband (Love and Chocolate Series)
Beverly Farr
On Basilisk Station
David Weber

The Second Sign

The Second Sign - Elizabeth Arroyo This one was hard for me. I don't read a lot of fallen angel stories. For some reason they all feel the same to me, even when they are completely different. (Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.) I guess technically this one isn't a fallen angel book to begin with, but let's jump in anyway.

What I Liked:
Gabby. She's real, quirky, emotional, and every bit a teenage girl who gets her wires crossed leading to trouble.

Jake is the perfect hero for her. He's all guy and some of his actions make it easy for her to misunderstand his intentions.

Arroyo has some good twists and turns in the mystery part of the story. You're never quite sure who the good guys are or the bad.

She knows how to write terror!

What bothered me:
There were a few typos, but that wasn't too bad. However, there were some spots where I just had no clue what just happened. I don't know if it was an editing mistake, or if it's just because I don't read a lot in this genre and am clueless.

I felt like the book contained two styles of writing. For the most part it read like a YA book, but the murder scenes were gruesome and dark. And detailed. More like some of the hard core murder/detective novels I've read. It jarred me a bit each time.

In the end I enjoyed the story and was torn about where Gabby finds herself. She's changed, and yet she's still not sure what she is. And Jake is...oops...sorry, you won't get any spoilers out of me. :)