charitybradford

Bradford Reviews!

Corporate Husband (Love and Chocolate Series)
Beverly Farr
On Basilisk Station
David Weber

West of Paradise

West of Paradise - Marcy Hatch I should admit that Marcy is a friend and fellow moderator over at Unicorn Bell with me. She is also with the same publisher I am--WiDo Publishing. This is her debut novel and holy cow does she come out swinging. I read her book in one day. It's been almost a week and I've put off this review for one reason.

I'm not sure what to say. I've been trying to think of real "review-type" things to say, but I can only think of a few and I'm afraid you'll think I'm just being nice to a friend. But that's not it at all. The fact is I got lost in the story and didn't pay any attention to the writing. I felt fear for Katie, angry at Jack for being such a jerk in the beginning, but grew to like him as much as Katie did.

Marcy floored me by making me feel like I really was back in 1881. The style is different, but the details were as good as the Louis L'Amour books I read as a teen. Didn't see that one coming did you? Yes, it was awesome. And when our characters were in the "near future" time of their actual time, Marcy had nice little details that made it feel real and totally possible. Nothing way out their crazy, but just little things that still gave it the flavor of "not now".

The best way I can sum it up is--Back to the Future III meets Somewhere In Time.