charitybradford

Bradford Reviews!

Corporate Husband (Love and Chocolate Series)
Beverly Farr
On Basilisk Station
David Weber

Scary Mind Bender!

Darkness - Elizabeth Arroyo

Holy. Cow. First, my reader (my brain not my kindle) has been faulty all year. There is a "stack" of books on my kindle waiting for me, but every time I tried to sit down and read I just couldn't. After visiting some old favorites I decided to give my stack another try. This was at the top.

I wasn't sure what I expected, but I couldn't put this book down. I started it yesterday afternoon and grudgingly put it away to sleep. It was the first thing I thought of this morning, but I made myself play mom and go to the gym first. Then I rushed home and finished it before showering. Good thing no one was home. :)

Carly broke my heart. This is going to sound weird to anyone who is NOT a writer, but her problems with reality intruding into real life are so close to how out of control I feel with my own imagination. (Please don't lock me up!) Luckily my dreams don't involve dead girls and scary tall men hovering around to claim their prize.

Hunter was the perfect bad boy/good guy/hero hunk. I guessed his secret fairly early (I read a lot of suspense novels!) but it didn't harm my enjoyment of the read. There were plenty other things waiting to twist around and slap me in the face. And Hunter is hot!

Arroyo has grown as a writer. I read one of her first books The Second Sign and felt confused by a change in tone. This book didn't have that problem. The flow was great, the book well edited and easy to get carried away in. Loved it!

I give Darkness by E. Arroyo a solid 4.5 and highly recommend it if you like mind games and on the edge of your seat concern for the characters.

1-5 scale and what it means:
1: I couldn’t even finish it / just plain bad
2: I hope I didn’t pay for this / disappointing
3: I didn’t hate it, but it was still missing something / forgettable but inoffensive
3.5: On the line between good and ok / like, not love